STATUTE OF THE CENTER FOR RESEARCH AND POLICY MAKING – CRPM
(English Language Translation)
In order to accomplish the goals and the aspirations enshrined and stipulated by the Law on Citizen Associations and Foundations, by the Articles of Agreement and by the Statute of this Association, and in order to realize and bring into practice the anticipated plan of activities of this Association, the Center for Research and Policy Making – CRPM has been established.
The Association has the full official name “Center for Research and Policy Making”. The official abbreviation is: “CRPM”.
The headquarters of CRPM is located in Skopje, Cico Popovic st. 6-2/9, 1000 Skopje, Macedonia.
CRPM has been established in order to perform activities for promotion and development of the legal, economic, cultural and other social spheres pertinent to the overall societal development of the Republic of Macedonia. In addition, it will enhance the multi-dimensional cooperation among other countries from the region and internationally. Moreover, CRPM will aim towards drafting and implementing adequate and sound policies in the above – mentioned areas.
The stipulated activities and goals of CRPM are to be performed in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia, with the Statute of CRPM, and the pertinent legal norms.
The Association is an officially registered association (legal entity) in accordance with the Macedonian charity law and this Statute.
The Association has its own stamp and seal.
The seal is circular and contains the name of the Association: Center for Research and Policy Making – CRPM. The logo of the Association is in the middle of the seal.
The stamp of the Association is rectangular. The upper part of it contains the name of the Association, and the lower part contains the number, the date and the place-Skopje.
The activities of the Association are to be pursued under its official registered name: Center for Research and Policy Making – CRPM.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
General aim of the Association is:
- Development and enhancement of the legal, economic, cultural and other spheres pertinent to the overall societal development of the Republic of Macedonia, enhancement of the multi – dimensional economic, educational, cultural and other type of cooperation among the countries from the region and internationally, and creation of adequate policies in the above – mentioned areas of interest.
Particular aims of the Association are:
- Conducting research activities and carrying out projects in the legal, economic, cultural and other societal areas. The outcome of these activities is perceived to be creation of practical solutions and policies for enhancement and development of these domains.
The following activities are to be performed by the Association:
- Research activities and projects in the following areas: law, economy, culture and other pertinent societal spheres in order to achieve results such as formulation of public policies that will improve the mentioned areas.
The stipulated purposes and activities of the Organization will be performed through:
- Realization of the programmatic activities of the Organization
- Joint projects carried out in cooperation with local, regional and international organizations
- Organization of seminars, conferences, scientific and expert meetings and forums
- Cooperation with experts on different policy matters
- Cooperation with relevant state institutions
- Cooperation with local, regional and international, nongovernmental and governmental organizations and institutions which deal with policy drafting issues
- Establishment of permanent or ad hoc clubs and commissions
- Establishment of Limited liability company or/and joint stock company for carrying out the main tasks and aims of the Organization as stipulated in this Statute
- Creation of interactive website that will contain pertinent information about the activities carried out by the Organization
- Conducting other activities in accordance with this Statute, the Laws and the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia
CONDITIONS FOR ACQUIRING MEMBERSHIP IN THE ASSOCIATION; RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE MEMBERS
Ordinary member of the Association may become any citizen of the Republic of Macedonia, as well as any foreign citizen who would:
- Accept the main objectives and values on which the Association is based.
- Be 18 years or older when submitting the application for membership
- Has thorough knowledge of at least one field of activity mentioned in Article 3 of this Statute, as an area of primary interest for the fulfillment of the programmatic aims and tasks of the Organization
- Pays a yearly membership fee until 15th October for the current year. (For example paying until 15th October 2007, for the 2007.) The membership fee is decided at a General Assembly of the Organizations. The President of the Association suggests the yearly membership fee.
- Works on projects of the Association for at least one year.
The members of the Organization have the following rights and duties:
- Obligation to present and represent the basic principles and objectives of the Association in public and to promote their realization
- Right to attend the sessions of the Assembly
- Right to submit proposals to the Assembly
- Obligation to take part in the realization of the Association’s Agenda
- Other rights and obligations as stated in this Statute
The founders of the Association have the status of a member of the Association, if they fulfill the conditions set in Article 9 of the Statute.
Admission of new members
Applying for membership is done by filling in an application form. Once the application form is submitted, the Executive Board decides if the conditions for membership as set in Article 9 are fulfilled, and decides to admit a new member by a majority vote. The President of the Association keeps a Register of membership, which is being updated once a year.
The membership in the Association shall cease if the conditions set in Article 9 are not fulfilled and in the following cases:
- Submitted statement on voluntarily termination of the membership
- Loss of working ability
The Executive Board can decide with majority of votes to suspend a member in case when the member serious violates the goals and tasks of the Association. In this situation the Executive Comity can inform the Assembly and propose membership dismissal. The Assembly decides with majority of votes. The respective member must have the opportunity to answer the accusations. The respective member can lodge an appeal against the decision to the Supervisory Committee five days from the period when the decision is made. Upon being dismissed of membership the former member cannot claim any rights on the property of the organization.
Representation of the Association
The Association is presented and represented by the President of the Executive Board who can delegate this authorization to another member of the Executive Board.
The work of the Association is public. The publicity is realized through:
- Regular information of the members, other NGO’s and the wider population via press and electronic media, about the work and concrete activities of the Association
- Participation of members to the Sessions of the Bodies of the Organization
- Accessibility of the reports and other materials to the members and other
- Creation and hosting of its own website
ASSETS OF THE ORGANIZATION, PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING AND USING THEM
At the beginning the main goals and tasks of the Association are to be financed by the initial financial contributions of the founders.
The Association can obtain objects, money and assets.
The Association can collect the funding for its activities from membership fees, contributions, revenues from own assets, credits, gifts, donations, legacies and other resources.
The Association can also obtain proceeds from the profit of the enterprises established from its own recourses for achieving the goals and tasks affirmed within this Statute.
The Association can obtain donations from the Republic of Macedonia Budget, in accordance with the Agenda and this Statute.
The use and disposure of the proceeds gained in accordance with the provisions of Article 15 is conducted in a manner determined by this Statute and the applicable legal norms.
The organs of the Association determine the way of use and disposal of the proceeds in accordance with the competencies stated within this Statute, resume measures for appropriate economic use and elimination of irregularities.
The financial sources and expenditures shall be specified within the Association’s budget.
ORGANS OF THE ASSOCIATION
The Assembly of the Association is consisted of all the members of CRPM.
A regular Assembly takes place at least once a year. All members present at the Assembly have one vote at their disposal which cannot be transferred to other persons.
The members of the Assembly elect a chairperson who leads and conducts the meetings of the Assembly (in a manner described in article 24) and performs other activities as stipulated by the Working Agenda of the Assembly.
The invitation for the meeting of the members Assembly is made by the chairperson.
Meeting of the members Assembly also has to take place if a demand has been put forward by 2/3 of the members of the Assembly.
In case the chairperson does not organize the meeting of the Assembly in 15 days period, then the meeting is to be organized by the members of the executive board or members of the Assembly who put forward the demand.
Meeting of the Assembly about the work of the executive board can be organized if a demand is put forward by the Supervisory Committee.
The manner in which the meetings of the Assembly are organized and conducted is to be more closely prescribed by the Working Agenda of the Assembly.
The Assembly elects the members of the executive board, at regular and irregular meetings.
The Assembly can make legally binding decisions if more then one half of the total membership is present.
A single majority voting is used for decision making, except in cases otherwise specified by this Statute.
- Passes the Statute of the Association
- Makes amendments to the Statute with 2/3 of the votes from the total number of members of the Association
- Elects and dismisses the Executive Board as well as its individual members with a simple majority of votes of the members of the Association present at the meeting.
- Adopts working programme orientation for the Association for a 3-year period rationalized in annual programmes
- Reviews and adopts periodical and annual reports about the activities of the organs and bodies of the Association
- Carries out the financial plan and adopts the final account/yearly financial statement of the Association
- Suggests the election and replacement of the Supervisory Committee members
- Deliberates the achieved results considering the efficiency of the Association and gives directions for the future development of the Association
- Carries out decisions, conclusions and references for resolving matters of interest to the Association
- Decides on creation and winding up of branches and other organizational forms of the Association
- Decides on the change of the Association’s name
- Decides on other matters in accordance to this Statute and the pertinent legal provisions
In emergency situations the Assembly has the power to delegate some of its powers to the Executive Board. The Executive Board is obliged to submit a report about the undertaken delegated activities on the first next meeting of the Assembly.
The Executive Board consists of 3 members: one president and two members.
The President of the Executive Board is at the same time the President of the Association. The President is elected with a simple majority of votes of the members of the Association present at the meeting. The mandate of the members of the Executive Board is 3 years.
The Executive Board:
- Implements the goals and objectives of the Association as stipulated in the Statute; and implements the decisions and conclusions brought by the Assembly
- Executes the annual work programme of the Association
- Proposes amendments to the Statute
- Drafts a Working Agenda for carrying out its activities
- Decides on suitable book of regulations; makes and cancels contracts on behalf of the Association
- Decides on the dissolving of the Association with 2/3 majority votes
- Decides on associating with, or disassociating from another Association and on becoming a member of alliances and international organizations
- Adopts book of rules, concludes agreements and memorandums of understanding
- Prepares the assembly meetings and the materials for discussion when the conditions to meet according to the Statute are met
- Appoints and discharges a Secretary of the Association
- Decides on creation of permanent or ad hoc committees and monitors their activities
- Elects or discharges the members of the Supervisory Committee on a proposal of the Assembly
- Prepares periodical and annual reports about its activities
- Manages and controls the property of the Association
- Is authorized to form professional services and control their activities
- Appoints authorised signatories of the bank account of the Association
- Carries out and implements other matters according to the Statute and the pertinent legal provisions
The Executive Board is responsible and answerable for its work to the Assembly of the Association.
The Assembly is empowered to discharge the Executive Board or any of its individual members.
Proposal for discharging the Executive Board or its member can be submitted by any organ of the Association or at least 2/3 of the members of the Assembly.
The proposal must be submitted in a written form.
The Executive Board holds sessions and meetings if needed.
The President of the Executive Board summons the sessions of the Executive Board. In his/her absence the Executive Board decides on a member that will preside with the session.
One half of the members of the Executive Board can submit a proposal for session’s convening.
The manner in which the meetings of the Executive Board are organized and conducted is to be more closely prescribed by the Working Agenda of the Assembly.
The Executive Board carries out its decisions with a public vote with majority votes from the total number of the members.
The Executive Board elects and discharges the Supervisory Committee or some of its members on proposal of the Assembly.
The Supervisory Committee has three members.
Any active member of the Association can be a member of the Supervisory Committee.
The Supervisory Committee controls the work of the organs of the Assembly.
TERMINATION/DISOLVING OF THE ASSOCIATION
The Association dissolves its work in case of occurrence of any circumstances under the Article 52 of the Law on Citizen’s Associations and Foundations.
In case of termination of the work of the Association, its property is given to those members of the Organization that are also founders of the Organization.
TRANSITORY AND FINAL PROVISIONS
Changes and additions of this Statute are made in the same manner as its formation.
The Executive Board have the right to interpretation of this Statute.
This statute enters into force on the day when it has been adopted.
Dr. Zhidas Daskalovski
Center for Research and Policy Making
Јас Александар Чоловиќ, постојан судски преведувач од македонски на англиски и обратно, при Основен суд Скопје 1 од Скопје, потврдувам дека правилно го извршив преводот на овој документ од македонски на англиски јазик. I Aleksandar Colovic, sworn translator from Macedonian into English and vice versa, at the Basic Court Skopje 1 in Skopje, hereby certify that the translation of this document of this document from Macedonian to English is correctly made.