The Center for Research and Policy Making in the past ten months has been working on the project Unleashing Budget Watchdogs. The aim was to strength the civil control of the national budget, the spending public money. For that purpose the CRPM team built a national network of Budget Watchdogs organizations from various regions of Macedonia. The network members prepared five budgetary analyses focusing on the following issues:
- Policy and the Budgetary Implications of “Equitable and Appropriate Representation of Communities”,
- “Men do Sports while Women should cook! Spending public money for gender inequality in sport promotion”,
- “Analysis of the policy of the Ministry of Health providing free gynaecological exams”,
- “Linkages between education programs and the labor market demands- 21, 2% of the youth in Macedonia is unemployed”,
- ” Analysis of the policy for higher inclusion of the Roma population at all levels of the education system”.
CRPM published these analyses in Budget Watchdogs, promoting the book in Skopje and other cities in Macedonia. CRPM team envisions that the “Budget Watchdog” network will continue to work actively monitoring the spending of each denar of the Macedonian citizens.
Pictures from the press conference in hotel Oaza, Shtip, 14.03.2008
Pictures from the press conference 21.03.2008
Budget watchdogs Download File, Eng
Чувари на јавното ќесе Download File, Mk
CIVIL SOCIETY STRENGTHENING PROJECT
- This publication, was made possible through support provided by Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) with funds from United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The opinions expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) or United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Furthermore, the mention of trade names or commercial products does not constitute endorsement or recommendation for use.
- The network ,,Budget watchdogs”: FORUM-CSRD, Center for Civil Communications, Center for Civic Initiative, Arka Consulting, Civil Association, Bairska svetlina, ORT-Kichevo and Association for Emancipation, Solidarity and Equality of Women – ESE